Lately I am completely obsessed with smoothie bowls for breakfast, and find them to be the easiest way to get as many fruits as possible into my day. I find that plenty of people struggle to get their 5 a day – especially if they aren’t a fan of the textures/tastes of certain fruits. For you guys, a blender is going to be your best friend. You can easily pack 5+ fruits/veg into your diet, simply through your first meal of the day. This morning I created a simple berry acai bowl with granola:
- 3-4 tbsp of frozen berries (Coles/Woolworths sell 250g bags of berries for $4)
- 1 cup of ice
- Fresh OJ (Harvey’s fresh is great as it’s 100% fresh oranges) – you only need a splash of this
- 1 banana
- Handful of spinach (dw you can’t taste this at all)
- 1 chopped Apple
- 1 wedge of lemon
- Optional: acai powder mix- Coles sell this for $10-12, sometimes it’s on special! You only need one tsp of this
- Chia seeds
- Coconut flakes/descicated
- 1/2 cup Granola/rolled oats (add more depending on your hunger)
1. Grab your berries, 1/2 of the banana, ice, OJ, spinach, apple, & acai powder, and put into your blender. Don’t forget to squeeze your wedge of lemon!
2. Once blended, take a bowl, and pour the mixture in – it should be relatively thick in consistency from the ice.
3. Chop up the remaining half of the banana, and place on the top of the bowl. Then, take a pinch/tsp of chia seeds and sprinkle – repeat this step with the coconut flakes.
4. Take your granola/rolled oats, and pour on top of the bowl.
5. Grab a spoon from the cutlery draw and dig in!